Easy home plumbing troubleshooting & maintenance tips
How to troubleshoot a backed-up toilet
Backed-up toilets are a fairly common problem in many homes. If flush water rises to the rim and then drains slowly, the toilet trap or drain is definetly blocked. Unblocking it is easy, and only… Read More
How troubleshoot a running toilet
There are many causes to a running toilet, most of them are due to a worn out or a broken part of the toilet mechanisme.
So 1st, you need to identify which of the parts is causing the problem, then replace it. Read More
Troubleshooting a clogged sink
1st get the following tools, to use: an adjustment arm and a drain plug
Then try the following steps:
- take the spring tab off the drain plug adjustment arm .
Troubleshooting low water pressure faucet
If you’re having trouble with low water pressure it is usually at the sink faucet level.
- Check to see if the low water pressure is affecting hot and cold water.
- If low pressure is affecting both hot & cold water then most likely aerator is the cause.
Troubleshooting & Repairing A Jammed Garbage Disposal
A jammed garbage disposal is high on the list of common plumbing problems.
Many people loose the nifty key that comes with the garbage disposal to help unjam it.
- At the very bottom of the disposal there is an opening to insert the key.
Troubleshooting reduced shower flow
Reduced shower flow is usually due to limescale buildup. This can easily be removed with a descaling product.
You need to have a; screwdriver, bowl, descaling solution
- Unscrew the shower head from the hose.